Tuesday, May 8, 2012

hey, kool keys

Here is a crazy simple DIY project perfect to add a little pizzazz into your everyday life. How many times a day do you pick up your keys? Why not give them a touch of love? We promise that it will make you smile inside at the sight of your pretty kool keys. . .

  
one
First things first, please take off that ugly Pet Smart plastic tag that you have on your keychain when you only go to Pet Smart twice a year! Thanks.  
Most importantly grab your favorite nail polish colors. . . one color for each key!

two
Paint a generous layer of color onto the top each key. I suppose that you could just dip the keys in paint? But I tend to live on the cautious/perfectionist side of life. . .

three
Let your keys dry completely for an hour. Be patient. Trust me, don't get aggressive on it. I did and had to start all over cause I smudged the paint. Ain't that always the way?

four
Using a gold leaf pen (got mine at Michaels) draw designs that you love on one side of your key. You could number them if you have a collection on there for easy guidance! I drew a triangle and stripes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment