Wednesday, June 13, 2012

fathers day gift idea

In celebration of all the fathers out there that love to enjoy a cocktail or two, here is a simple, yet meaningful gift that is personal+practical. . .

{SUPPLIES: Modpodge, 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" tile, a small brush, and clear Polycrylic }
{STEP 1:} photocopy your favorite pics onto cardstock. I was lazy and used my color printer
{STEP 2:} trim the pics to size + modpodge onto tile
{STEP 3:} once the modpodge is dry, paint a coat of polycrylic onto your pics
I have to admit, this project came about because I bought these stone ice cubes that I thought were neat. But at the same time, I thought to myself "what a random Father's Day gift?" Our dad LOVES his whiskey but I realized my gift needed something more personal.

{STEP 4: Presentation is everything! Tie your best ribbon, twine, or rope around these suckers and your gift is complete and sure to impress!}
These were super easy, cost $1 a pop, and turned out better than I expected! I am definitely going to make these more often. . . birthdays, party favors, any holiday really!



No comments:

Post a Comment